Self Drive Boat 1+2 Hhs
Rent a solar-powered electric catamaran
- Silent, stable, odorless
- 14 m2 surface + 6 place settings central table + sunbathing areas
At Beaulieu between Nice and Monaco
- A central starting point to discover the Riviera's Heartland.
The € 250 rental lasts 3 hours
- 1 hour accompanied tour in order to reinforce your first practice session
Caution: To maneuver an electric boat of this size alone and safely Level 1 is required
- 2 hours self drive
Choosing a top-of-the-range seaworthy electric boat
The SSR19 2.0, is a top-of-the-line solar-powered autonomous electric boat, silent, odourless and with no additional fuel costs. Thanks to its photovoltaic panels, it ensures total autonomy all day long with a return of the boat possible at 100% charge. At night, its powerful batteries ensure several hours of navigation.
This elegant solar-powered catamaran offers a new lifestyle for a boat of this size. The large table in the centre of the boat is sheltered by an arbour, you go swimming from a large rear balcony and sunbathe on the foredeck. Although the boat is approved for up to 8 people, we limit to 6 people for a better comfort. Since it's launching in 2016, it has been sailing without ever resorting to electricity from the port's infrastructure, proof of the safety provided by solar navigation.
Is it a self drive boat or do I need a motorboat licence?
The catamaran is registered as a license-free boat or self drive boat. The seaZen Academy adapts the training period according to your experience. Boat licence holders or sailboat skippers discover the subtlety of solar navigation. Beginners gain confidence at their own pace.
Given the size of the boat and the specificities of solar navigation, you must have practiced for two hours with a guide from our academy one hour of initiation during a tour with a private guide to reach level 1, spaced out at least 24 hours before repeating an hour of improvement proposed in the 1H+2H rental.
This 1H + 2H rental starts with 1H of practical improvement, then you confirm the 800 € franchise guarantee by credit card, then you sail 2 hours alone.
Good to know:
- Try this Virtual Tour then take the Free Test from home
- If you come back within a month, you will benefit from the Boat-Club rate (practice free)
- If you are passing through, think about the Accompanied Private Tour, this is the preferred choice of visitors to Nice according to TripAdvisor
- In case of weather forecast above force 4 Beaufort, we postpone or cancel the booking at no charge (base € 130€ / 1 Hr practice + 120€ / 2 Hrs alone)
- Plan your return time to dock, so as to leave the batteries 95% charged and the boat as clean as you found it
- During peak periods we limit availability for security reasons
How to reach us?
Meeting point at Beaulieu | Juan
Adress: seaZen, Môle des Pêcheurs 06310 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Once at the main entrance of the marina, turn right, our boat is at the fishermen's mole, between the JCS Yachting shop and the fishing stalls. We will meet you near the whale-tail-shaped bench under a fig tree. The boat will arrive at the quay at the time of the appointment.